Benton Gun Club
April 18, 2014, 06:15:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mauser 1914 Post War 7.65 -- disassembly problem  (Read 928 times)
econes

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:53:17 am »

I was recently given this gun by a dear friend.  I found disassembly instructions in W.H.B. Smiths's "Mauser Rifles and Pistols", but I cannot get the slide to pull forward as described.

Also, the slide will not lock back without a magazine in place, and the only way to get it back forward is to remove the magazine.

My first problem though is to get the slide off.  The barrel has been removed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The following are instructions verbatim from the book:
"The recoil spring guide protruding with its locking edges from the receiver below the muzzle is pressed and turned to free it.  It is then pulled forward for removal.  The slide is then drawn back over an empty magazine.  The barrel may then be lifted straight up out of the receiver.  Inserting a magazine and then withdrawing it will release the slide and permit the recoil spring to pull it forward.  The slide and recoil spring assembly will come off the receiver runners to the front.  The striker and extractor may be removed from the slide.  Removing the stock screws and working the stock off the back of the receiver grip, then working off the receiver lock plate on the left side will expose all the action with its interlocking parts for removal if necessary."

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:18:12 am by econes » Logged

Ed Cones
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: